2008/06/07

Jamie Durie

從FT的Mrs. Moneypenny因為Chelsea Flower Show ,到許久以前The BlockJamie Durie,就這樣一篇文章連了起來......,而Tyler Brule這禮拜在"神遊"

The hottest thing at this year’s show was not a garden, but a gardener. My divorced girlfriend found me pausing to draw breath between CEOs and insisted that I accompany her to see the Australian garden. As her company was sponsoring a (different) garden she had been there all afternoon showing it to the Queen, the press and sundry others. She had therefore also had a chance to spot other highlights of the flower show. I explained that I wasn’t really there to see the gardens. No, she explained, it was not the garden that she wanted me to inspect but the garden designer.

Just to shut her up I followed DG to this garden, where two men were waiting to receive visitors. I marched up to them and started to explain that I was there because my friend wanted me to meet the handsomest man at the show, and please could they tell me which of them it was so that I could shake his hand and then get on with my networking. I got about halfway through that before I looked into the eyes of Jamie Durie and realised why I was there.

Now, as I explained to him, I had never heard of Jamie Durie. I am not interested in gardening and although I visit Australia and the US reasonably regularly I have no idea who is presenting TV gardening shows in these countries. I have also never watched the Oprah Winfrey show, where Jamie appeared to some acclaim. We have a version of Jamie Durie in the UK, Alan Titchmarsh – though I can’t imagine my 40-something girlfriends salivating over him in the way DG was over Jamie. Neither can I imagine Alan Titchmarsh ever working as a male stripper, as Jamie did in his youth. He led the Manpower revue, an Australian version of the Chippendales, before setting up his garden design company in 1996. He is serious eye candy, and also very entertaining to talk to, if a bit young for me (he was 38 last Tuesday). Plus, as HRH the Duke of Edinburgh discovered, he knows a thing or two about plants.

Jamie’s fellow garden host at the time I met him was Julian Brady, the general manager of his company, Patio. Julian, if you are reading this, you are not bad-looking either, but you need to update the awards on your website. Jamie’s garden won a gold medal at Chelsea. (Question for the royal horticultural society: how many of your judges are female and have a pulse?)
~all from FT.com as below, register for free in case it is not shown


The Block第一季在台灣的旅遊生活頻道(或其前身)播了至少三、四次,而我至少看了兩次,並且怨嘆為啥沒播第二季,到澳洲玩耍還買了原聲帶喔(here come's anothor one...La La La...),不過很有自知之明的沒有買DVD回來積灰塵

沒有留言: