2008/06/03

Food !

International House of Pancakes(IHOP) changes its name to DineEquity, CEO Julia Stewart on CNBC. 熱烈的食物討論啊!

------

Becky Quick: Julia, what do you hedge? I've heard people hedging chickens before, but beyond that, I mean can you hedge dairy pricess, oil prices?

Julia Stewart: Sure, you can hedge oil, which is a big deal for us, you can hedge some of the protein, it really... to be candid with you, in the case of IHOP, when you have wheat batter, we have wheat, we've accomadated pricing, we've been able to do that, it's really been smart for us. Now you know you can't do that forever, but I think the timing and the sequecing has really been in our favor.

Joe Kernen: Can you hedge those little sausages that go into the little pigs in the blacket you make at the IHOP, Julia? ...

Julia Stewart: Ha ha ha, you can certainly try!

------

Joe Kernen:... What do you mean by world's largest full service? Yam is the biggest I think, isn't it? And then it's the McDonald's, isn't it?

Julia Stewart: They may be big in fast food, but we are the largest in world in term of sit-down full service restaurant.

Carl Quintanilla: Full service, meaning you serve...

Becky quick: Meaning a waitress come to...

Julia Stewart: Right, right...

Joe Kernen: OK, and largest in portion I think...





Joe Kernen: Tough interview for me to sit through... I'm thinking of the menu with the IHOP, you just keep turning, and the pictures

Carl Quintanilla: Yeah...I want that...that

Joe Kernen: Their liminated pictures, and you just keep turning, and there's more, and you turn again, and there's more, and there's crepes, there's strawberries...

Carl Quintanilla: ...the waitress is like "are you ready to order now, sir, or should I give you a couple of more minutes?"

Joe Kernen: ...and breakfast, I mean...

特效音: Get in my belly!

沒有留言: